Kalam Institute Of Technology

Berhampur, Odisha

Home :: Admission Procedures

Admission Procedures

The Institute follows the curriculum prescribed by the Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela, Orissa, which is consistent with model curriculum envolved by AICTE, The present curricula has a broad based core science and technical component, departmental compulsory courses, professional electives and a project dissertation, Regular revisions follow keeping pace with the industry needs in the National and International sceneries.

For admission process the Institute follows the guideline of admission rules/procedure prescribed by Joint Entrance Examination, Orissa for its regular courses. The candidates not qualified in JEE/AIEEE shall not be allowed for admission. Candidates with +2 Science background conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Orissa or equivalent examination recognized by BPUT are admitted to the B. Tech Programme through the rank attained in JEE, Orissa. 85% of the seats are filled through the entrance tests and the remaining 15% seats under NRI quota are filled on merit at the institute level. Diploma holders and science graduates are also eligible for direct admission into the IInd year B.Tech. courses under lateral entry scheme as per the rules of Govt. of Orissa & relevant joint Entrance Examination.

For admission into 2 years P.G. programme in M.B.A. the Institute follows the rules set by the government of Orissa and Biju Patnaik University of Technology.